Archive for Bento
November 26, 2007 at 4:44 AM · Filed under awaken your taste, Blogroll, chef, Critiques, Food Trends, Gourmet, healthy, Healthy Living, Recipes, restaurant, Restaurant Trends, share the secret, Uncategorized, whats your secret and tagged: Bento, Bento Box, Box, Cooking, Culinary, food, Food Trends, meals, restaurant
Trendy yet stylish, this dish give your guests a new way to dine. From Lunch to Dinner, Hors d’oeuvres to Appetizers this little Beauty gets the job done. With 4 compartments you can either have 4 completely different entrees or 4 entrees based on a similar theme.
*Going clockwise from top left…
- Smoked Salmon wrapped Crab cake with a Chive Creme Fraiche
- Broiled Grouper with a Tomato & Scallion Rice Pilaf
- Grilled Pepper Beef Skewer served with a Potato & Shiitake Mushroom hash
- 6 Pepper Chicken Breast w/ Angel Hair Pasta & Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Tempura Battered Tuna Loin on Exotic Greens
- Smoked Chicken Sachet w/ dried Cranberries and Brie Cheese
- Corn and Crab fritters with a Plum dipping sauce
- Sausage stuffed Portabella Mushrooms with Spinach & Parmesan cheese
- Grilled Salmon with Ratatouille
- Grilled Mahi-Mahi w/ Cucumber salad
- BBQ Shrimp Skewer with Truffle Mac & Cheese
- Scallops with Bacon in an Asiago Cream sauce in Filo Cups
Finally we have…
- Shrimp Skewer with Avocado, angel Hair pasta, & Boursin Cream sauce.
- Chicken, Spinach, and Feta Cheese, Filo triangles
- Grilled Tuna with a Cucumber and Ginger relish or slaw
- Blackened Mahi-Mahi with a Mango Salsa
This is a completely new way to satisfy virtually every taste in your party, from savory to sweet, and tart to mellow. The only thing you have to worry about these boxes is the count at the end of the night. Serve your guests with traditional chop sticks and watch them fumble around. (LOL) Great ice breaker for the dinner or cocktail tables.
I’ve checked 3 different sites and the avg cost is $12.50 per box…
A little steep for a one person tray or plate, so I kept digging.
I know, I know, a lil pricey especially if you want to have 1 box per person and you’re having a party for 10 and above ppl. Think out of the (Bento) box though, buy a couple at first and use them as appetizer trays, by the time everyone catches up with your idea you’ll be serving them 1 to a person with multiple entrees in each compartment. They’ll still be wondering how you did it.
Keep up the great work and don’t for get the personalized fortune cookies.
This is your Rude Boii chef signing off; and I’m out!!!